1. March V. Markevichuvna
2. Cuckoo and Echo K. Longchamp Druzhkewichova
3. March on the Black Keys K. Longchamp Druzhkewichova
4. Crying Kitty G. Chitchan
5. Autumn Song Y. Abelev
6. Two Little Goats K. Longchamp Druzhkewichova
7. March of Dwarves K. Longchamp Druzhkewichova
8. The Crane M. Krasev
9. Bear’s Bithday Party K. Longchamp Druzhkewichova
10. Dialogue D. Kabalevsky
11. Good Wishes Belarussian Folk Song
12. Polly English Folk Song
13. Little Hunter French Traditional Song
14. River Visla Polish Folk Song
15. Horses Czech Folk Song
16. Strolling V. Markevichovna
17. The Trumpeter and the Echo D. Kabalevsky
18. Jamaica G. Nafelyan
19. An Old Dance D. Turk
20. Jewish Melody G. Nafelyan
21. Jumping D. Kabalevsky
22. Skating K. Longchamp Druzhkewichova
23. Russian Folk Song
26 24. At Night Armenian Folk Song
25. Theme from the Surprise Symphony J. Haydn
26. Morning D. Turk
27. Little Goat Russian Folk Song
28. Sorrow Ukrainian Folk Song
29. Sparrows A. Rubbach
30. A Song D. Kabalevsky
31. Merry Fiddler A. Filipenko
32. In the Dark Forest O. Behr
33. A Dance Belarusian Folk Song
The primary focus of “Musical Journey” Level 1A is reinforcing technical and musical skills acquired in the “Tales of a Musical Journey” and other method books beginning levels.
Duets in this collection serve as transitional repertoire toward more advance music works as well as effective recital, technical or sight-reading material.
This collection consists of folk tunes, original and pedagogical duets that we encourage to teach by rote, by ear, with the score or the combination of aforementioned. As it is not necessary to assign the student every piece in successive order, it’s still advisable not to skip too many of the pieces consecutively, as they are purposely selected to make the learning process systematic and holistic.
Developing children’s imagination can be encouraged by creating stories, coloring or drawing the pictures on the pages, describing the characters or the moods of pieces.
It is suggested to have the students learn solo pieces, etudes and duet alongside.