1. Oh, Susanna S. Foster
2. Lullaby V. Ignatieva
3. Pancakes Ukrainian Folk Song
4. Baba Yaga N. Sokolova
5. Waltz of the Dogs Traditional
6. In the Countryside T. Potapenko
7. Jolly Game Polish Folk Dance
8. Three Little Pigs F. Churchill
9. Polka A. Borodin
10. Polly, Put a Kettle On English Folk Song
11. Ukrainian Dance Arr. Bachmatskaya
12. The Old Horse A. Peresvetova
13. The Theme from Rhapsody No.2 F. Liszt Arr. A. Artobolevskaya
14. The Flower Polish Folk Song Arr. Martinova
15. Melody Polish Folk Dance Arr. Bachmatskaya
16. Chatty Patty S. Prokofiev
17. Riding the Horse Czech Folk Song
18. My Darling F. Chopin Arr. Bachmatskaya
19. Summer Camp D. Kabalevsky
20. March of the Toys M. Schmitz
21. Dance of the Clocks A. Ponchielli
The primary focus of “Musical Journey” Level 1a is reinforcing technical and musical skills acquired in “Tales of a Musical Journey” and other method books beginning levels.
Pieces in this collection serve as transitional repertoire toward more advance music works as well as effective, technical or sight-reading material.
This collection consists of folk tunes, original and pedagogical etudes that we encourage to teach by rote, by ear, with the score or the combination of aforementioned. As it is not necessary to assign the student every etude in successive order, it’s still advisable not to skip too many of the pieces consecutively, as they are purposely selected to make the learning process systematic and holistic.
Developing children’s imagination can be encouraged by creating stories, drawing the pictures on the pages, describing the characters or the moods of pieces.
It is suggested to have the students learn solo pieces, etudes and duet alongside.